I had a hankering for pizza last night so I attempted a GF Vegan version! First I made the dough, which was so much easier than I thought it would be.
I baked the dough for about 25 min while i sautéed up ginger, kale and zuchini as a topping.
The sauce was a garlic veggie herb that I had made and stored from the past summer tomato harvest. After the crust was ready I spread the sauce on, sprinkled heaps of nutritional yeast (you could use soy cheese but I avoid soy products as much as possible). Nutritional yeast is a great cheese substitute. This was so delicious and it fed me for days! My partner is a Gluten, Dairy and Meat eating man, so we made him his very own special pizza. Making homemade pizza is a great way to cook with those you love, and spend an evening hanging out without spending a ton of money!
- 3 Cups of GF Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar (1 Tbsp for the Yeast and Water, 2 Tbsp for Flour)
- 1 Tbsp Yeast (or one packet)
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm Water (3/4 Cup to Yeast, 1/2 Cup After everything is combined)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl combine the 3/4 cup of Warm Water to Yeast, let sit for a few minutes to activate and add 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- In a separate bowl add the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and remaining 2 Tbsp Sugar. Mix well and create a well in center of bowl to pour liquid in.
- Pour Yeast and Water mixture and begin to stir in, Add Olive Oil and remaining 1/2 cup Water. Mix well.
- Oil a flat pan and spread dough out flattening to 1/4″ or your desired crust preference (it rises a bit).
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 min. The crust will crack a bit.
- Take out and Spread Sauce on with all the toppings you desire!
- As a Dairy-Free eater I chose to use Nutritional Yeast as the cheese and then sautéed up veggies and fresh basil to top, but this is the moment to explore any and all options! I even made more the next day and topped it with sprouted mung beans with balsamic after the base of pasta sauce and nutritional yeast, or check out my recipes for kale pesto and hummus for other topping ideas…the options are endless!