A must make….these are so easy and literally take 5 minutes! Great snacks for anytime…breakfast, hiking, after a workout, in the afternoon when you’re dragging or stressed out about life!
( I chose to use Maca Powder, but Hemp Protein is another option.)
Maca Powder: Promotes stress reduction, healthy energy, and increased libido!
- 3 Tbsp Maca Powder
- 1/2 cup ground Flax Seeds (flour or grind your own)
- 1 heaping Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Ground Almonds or Powdered Sugar or Maca Powder or even hemp seeds to roll Bites in.
Ok, now it gets complicated…psych! Mix all the ingredients and roll into balls then throw into the fridge!
I had a hankering for pizza last night so I attempted a GF Vegan version! First I made the dough, which was so much easier than I thought it would be.
I baked the dough for about 25 min while i sautéed up ginger, kale and zuchini as a topping.
The sauce was a garlic veggie herb that I had made and stored from the past summer tomato harvest. After the crust was ready I spread the sauce on, sprinkled heaps of nutritional yeast (you could use soy cheese but I avoid soy products as much as possible). Nutritional yeast is a great cheese substitute. This was so delicious and it fed me for days! My partner is a Gluten, Dairy and Meat eating man, so we made him his very own special pizza. Making homemade pizza is a great way to cook with those you love, and spend an evening hanging out without spending a ton of money!
- 3 Cups of GF Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar (1 Tbsp for the Yeast and Water, 2 Tbsp for Flour)
- 1 Tbsp Yeast (or one packet)
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm Water (3/4 Cup to Yeast, 1/2 Cup After everything is combined)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl combine the 3/4 cup of Warm Water to Yeast, let sit for a few minutes to activate and add 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- In a separate bowl add the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and remaining 2 Tbsp Sugar. Mix well and create a well in center of bowl to pour liquid in.
- Pour Yeast and Water mixture and begin to stir in, Add Olive Oil and remaining 1/2 cup Water. Mix well.
- Oil a flat pan and spread dough out flattening to 1/4″ or your desired crust preference (it rises a bit).
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 min. The crust will crack a bit.
- Take out and Spread Sauce on with all the toppings you desire!
- As a Dairy-Free eater I chose to use Nutritional Yeast as the cheese and then sautéed up veggies and fresh basil to top, but this is the moment to explore any and all options! I even made more the next day and topped it with sprouted mung beans with balsamic after the base of pasta sauce and nutritional yeast, or check out my recipes for kale pesto and hummus for other topping ideas…the options are endless!
These chips are so good they never last long in my house, but since they are so healthy I don’t mind binging! They are so easy to make and a great way to store all that extra kale growing in your garden.
- Kale-destem thicker stems and shred leaves into chip size pieces
- 3 Tablespoon of Olive Oil (depending on the amount of kale, I like to be able to lightly coat entire bowl of kale)
- 1 lemon or lime (if I have lemon concentrate I squeeze a Tablespoon of that in, I keep in mind that 3:1 Olive Oil to Lemon)
- Salt and Pepper, Garlic Powder to your taste
- Mix ingredients and toss with kale
- Lay kale on dehydrator and sprinkler with the magic ingredient Nutritional Yeast
- Dehydrate for as long as it takes for them to be crispy
I’m a ginger freak. So when I came across this recipe, I had to try it. These are so tasty, I made a batch and then made more to have for snacks throughout the day!!
1 1/2 Cups of Gluten Free Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg or (1 Tablespoon of flax flour and 3 Tablespoon of water)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup mollasses
1 1/2 cups water
Mix the dry ingredients together and the wet ingredients separately. Then combine, whisk and fry up! Add fruit or toppings of any kind!