My mom passed this recipe over to me, and it is by far the best hummus I’ve ever had.
3/4 Cup Tahini
6 or 7 Big sized cloves of Garlic (chopped or minced)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Can of Chickpeas
3 lemons juiced
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. Strain Chickpeas and save liquid
2. Slowly combine solids and liquids in blender so not to fry it out (I’ve gone through a few blenders in my day making hummus!) A Food Processor is best.
3. Adding Chickpea water as needed for consistency
4. Add any other spices to mix it up every time, even pesto!
5. Scrape into a bowl and refrigerate
6. You can even make your own crackers with a dehydrator and some tortillas or bread. You can even make raw flax crackers in a dehydrator (I will be adding that recipe soon)